Saturday, August 8, 2009

Start of the Filipino Physician OnLine

     Hi! I am Dr. Dindo Ferdinand C. Santos, an Internist and a Family Physician, practicing medicine in the Philippines. I am the Filipino Physician OnLine. 

The PHYSICIAN 
     I am a graduate of University of the East Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Medical Center (1988). I finished my residency training in Internal Medicine in 1995 and had my certification in Family Medicine in 2003. Internal Medicine deals with the medical treatment of adults while Family Medicine deals with general practice. So, I can treat both adults and children that don't need surgery. 

The WEBSITE DESIGNER 
     I started web designing in 1995 with my own personal website. I am the webmaster of my club, the Rotary Club of Marikina, 2001 to 2005 and 2007-2010; and our district, Rotary International District 3800, from 2001 to 2008 and 2009 to 2010. 

     When I started my personal website entitled Filipino Internist on the Internet, I had the topic “The Doctor Is In” where my visitors can ask medical question via email. One case that I will never forget was a teenager in the US whose parents went on a vacation. She had continuous abdominal pain. She could have waited for her parents but I advised her to go to the emergency room immediately. Her sister brought her and true enough she was diagnosed to have appendicitis. If she had waited, her appendix could have ruptured. 

     If you have some medical queries, you can email me. I will answer them to the best of my ability. But please remember, there is no substitute to a consultation with your physician.

No comments:

Post a Comment