Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Cases Come In Pairs

I was called to see patient C.N. to have tonic-clonic seizures. My primary consideration was that the seizure is due to hypoglacemia and alcohol. A day prior, he had a drinking spree and the following morning he was not able to eat because of abdominal pain and vomiting. He was then seen to have tonic-clonic convulsions. At the wards, he had no episodes of seizures. The laboratory exams done were all normal except for the low potassium.

At my clinic, I saw patient M.C. who had twitching of the right arm. The patient was able to tell what happened to her. And laboratory results were all normal.

Initially, I thought both are cases of seizure disorder, but they turned to be not. Cases may come in pairs, sometimes in threes. Worst, there were times that I have two mortalities few days apart. I hate those days.

1 comment: