Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Stubborn Mother

I admitted P.R. last Sunday, August 30, a 24 year old male with cerebral palsy. He looks like a 7 year old boy with severe malformed body. I diagnosed him to have pneumonia.

They want to stay for 24 hours only.

Aside from the challenge that I have to compute for the medicines to give, his mother refused the antibiotic, antipyretic and ferrous sulphate because he has history of allergy. For a patient who has pneumonia, I’m only giving inhaled bronchodilators.

The mother did not sign the Home Against Medical Advice form. No other medication was given until today, September 2, when his father arrived. Now I am giving the proper management.

Almost 3 days were wasted. If I was able to treat him properly at the start, he could be home by now or tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Well, don't know much about medical stuffs but I can tell that you care for your patients. See yah! ^-^

    Visit my blog too if you have time ^-^ nathan bloggers portal

    ReplyDelete